Friday, May 4, 2012

2 Video Cards, one old PCI 32MB, other 128MB AGP......?

Its funny because I tried upgrading to a new GEFORCE 6800, and it wouldnt work because I lack the power supply.

So what I was using was the 128 AGP card, so when I took out the 6800 Card, my older AGP card doesnt seem to power the monitor.

It actually gives me a new hardware, SCSI detected.

I cant do anything after that.

It asks me for CD, but it never seems to load.



But my old 32 PCI works just fine.

I even tried having both of them together.

ONLY WHEN MONTIOR IS CONNECTED TO PCI will I get a display.



I went into BIOS to make sure the AGP was the defaulted port.



But still, nomatter what I do I cant seem to get it to revert back to the AGP CARd.

Anyone got any ideas?



They are all the same brand PNY -- so I thought the drivers would work for all of them.

It did when I installed.

But now that Im removing, and adding the older one, it doesnt seem to work!



help please|||go to the website for the 128 video card and download the drivers for it.



uninstall every video driver, saving the pci drivers as last to uninstall. now with ALL video drivers un-installed power down and put the 128 card in, windows should install generic drivers so windows will run, then run the new driver file you downloaded.



If that doesn't work, its possible you fried the 128 card or it just went bad. static shock will kill it.



good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment