Thursday, April 26, 2012

Can somebody who knows a lot about video cards help?

My computer had a geforce 2 video card. My mom's computer had a geforce 4 video card. Both cards are AGP slot-fitted. I took my geforce 2 and switched it with her geforce 4. Her computer still works with my geforce 2 but my computer won't work with her geforce 4.

The computer turns on but the monitor won't display anything. I tried changing monitors and still the same problem occured. I switched my geforce 2 back into my computer and I still have the same problem. So can someone please advise me on what to do next?|||i would first try to enter safemode and uninstall the driver ... then reinstall it .. if that wont work probably reload bios defaults...|||sounds like you have damaged the mainboard or knocked some other connectors lose whilst swapping the cards. check the mainboard power connectors, the other card slots(for the cards seating correctly) and the hard disk connector (yep this can stop some machines reaching the POST stage if plugged in the wrong way). Depending on your knowledge of pc,s you could get yourself a POST code analyser for a few bucks which will tell you why the machine is failing to start|||I think you have touched something while switching your video cards. Check if all the cable are plugged fully. Make sure your RAM is fully inserted too.|||The geforce 4 may only run at higher AGP speeds. A typical AGP graphics card can run at 1x, 2x, 4x or 8x AGP speeds. In many cases, a more modern AGP graphics card will only run at 4x or higher agp speeds. Your computer's mother board may only support the slower AGP speeds. This is something to find under the technical specifications. Since there are many geforce4 cards, i cannot tell you the agp speeds it supports but that is something you can find on the manufacturer's web site.|||go to safe mode and then go to control panel then unistal your geforce2 card ...then restart safe mdoa again with internet

go to nvidia.com download driver for geforce4 ...restart..hopefully this will help



also it can be that your pc cant run geforce4 it can be the powersuply doesnt have enough watts to meet geforce4 requirements. also your card may run slower but doubt it wont completly run at all...



hope i help

No comments:

Post a Comment