Thursday, April 26, 2012

Which Nvidia GeForce Video Card should I upgrade to ?

My 6 year old computer has a QDI Kinetiz 7T Motherboard,

an Athlon 750 Mhz processor, an 80 Gig hard-drive, 640Mb of Ram and a GeForce 2MX video card.

I have WIndows XP and Directx 9c.

I can run Medal of Honour on minimum settings but would like to be able to improve the quality. I would also like to see if I can run some more recent games.

In view of the above how much is it worth spending on a better GeForce card and which one would be most suitable? Should I go for a 128 or a 256 card ?

I have in mind switching to an AGP card as I understand these work better than a PCI card.

Thanks in anticipation of your advice.

DL.|||AGP are better, but you have to have the slot which your computer doesn't. You could upgrade to the GeForce 6200, but honestly with that processor even this upgrade will not be enough.|||512|||Update your computer - as it most likely will not have AGP fitted to it -



you need a lot more processor capacity if you want it to render your games more efficiently

No comments:

Post a Comment