Thursday, April 26, 2012

Which of these video cards is better - NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200 256MB AGP or a ATI Radeon 9600 128MB AGP?

I'm not looking necessarily for game comparisons but which of these two has better specs? I don't play many games with this computer, and those I do are online such as Pogo. I do decode & burn DVD's on this machine. This machine currently has the 9600 installed and I was given the FX card recently. I want to make sure it's an actual upgrade before I swap them out.|||The 9600 is actually a better card. While the review linked below is actually a comparison of the 5200FX and the 9600 PRO (a step up from your card.) The 9600 delivers almost double the performance of the 5200FX, so I think its safe to assume that the 9600 would beat the 5200FX hands down.



I know you're not into games, but to be honest, that is what graphics cards affect the most, 3d acceleration. The only other reason to get a better graphics card would be if you were a 3d graphics designer, and if you were you probably wouldn't be satisfied with such an old card. Using either card will not affect online games or DVD decoding/burning at all. If you're looking to boost your DVD decoding, invest in some RAM. If you're looking to speed up your burning, buy a new burner.|||i agree with "belson."

and by the way, the "fx" series are told to be not that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment