Thursday, April 26, 2012

I have D865PERL motherboard which supports 4x, 8x agp video cards. is it compatible with DDR2 AGP cards?

I am currently using Geforce 5500 DDR 256MB AGP card. i wanted to have a higher video card, atleast a 512MB videocard. Most video cards I found on the catalogs are DDR2 AGP cards. I wonder if they are compatible with my motherboard. If this helps, here's my specs:



Intel D865PERL motherboard

Pentium 4 2.8

4GB DDR400 Memory (1GB in each slot)

GeForce 5500 256MB DDR AGP card

240GB SATA Hard disk

DVD RW

OS: Windows Vista 32x



Can you recommend a video card? Thank you so much.|||Sorry but NO.|||Ram memory and Video card memory are different things entirely. The Ram memory can be DDR, and still support a DDR2 video card . So in short yes you can run the AGP card with DDR2 card memory in your computer that has DDR Ram memory sticks. Just make sure you have enough power from your Power Supply to support the card (look under specifications or minimum requirements of the card).

One of my computers has DDR Ram memory in it, and it uses a ati AGP video card that has DDR3 card memory in it. Have fun enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment