Thursday, April 26, 2012

What is one of the best and reasonably priced AGP video cards?

First, thanks for taking the time to assist me :)



I have an AMD Athlon 64-bit (3200+) ~2GHz and 1GB of RAM. In World of Warcraft, I usually average about 30fps.



I'm not in the market to spend a lot of money, so I was wondering what a good AGP video card would be. I know that PCI-E is the newest and fastest technology, but my computer is about four years old and I don't want to replace the motherboard without upgrading the CPU.



I have an NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra. If there isn't anything that would be a huge or significally better upgrade (since AGP isn't as common anymore), just let me know, as I don't want to spend $100+ for 5 more frames per second.



I'm not really good with what to look for with video cards, nor do I over-clock. If you would like to inform me of what matters the most with a video card, that would also be appricated.



Thanks again for your time,

Derek|||The XFX geforce 7600GT is the best AGP card available, in my opinion. It should be able to raise your framerates about 20 more than your current card.



EDIT: Contrary to the suggestion below, the ATI X1950XT doesn't have an AGP version, that chart is for the PCI-Express x16 version. The ATI X1950XTX and the Nvidia 8800GTX are the best cards for PCI-Express x16.|||Benchmarks here:

http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.h…

The fastest AGP is the X1950XT or X1950 Pro cards.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis…

Matters how much you want to spend. $100 dollar range is the x1650 pro cards. Far faster then the 5950 (in the charts above, it's slower then the 6200 TC:bottem of the list)|||This card may not do you any good, but you can check out what all they have, and they have a pretty good selection and you can narrow it down by price. A place you can do a little research.



http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/…



http://www.pcpitstop.com



you can go there and check your performance and compare it to other systems and similar and different cards.

Take care, Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment