Thursday, April 26, 2012

Can I use a GeForce 6200 LE AGP video card in my Dell Optiplex GX280?

Years ago I had upgraded the video card in my HP to a GeForce 6200 LE (256mb) AGP. That computer has died.



I have now inherited another old computer, a Dell Optiplex GX280. Can I use the old GeForce card in the Dell? Or is there some incompatibility?



I'd like to make the Dell more usable without laying out any cash.



Thanks.|||Sorry, there is no AGP slot. it uses PCI express your out of luck.

Plus it uses an inbuilt card not an external card.

Most likely there is no room to put in an external card into the system. You would have to open it up and see, before even thinking about buying a PCI express card.|||As said before - the GX280 has no AGP slot.

But you can sell this card and buy another used PCIe card

No comments:

Post a Comment