Thursday, April 26, 2012

How do i set up or plug in my video card properly (nvidia geforce 7300gt AGP)?

Ok i have no idea how to plug in the wire that came wih my video card and one wire from my computer. I have already inserted my card into the agp slot and i know one side of the black, yellow,red wire goes in the video card but where does it go in my computer. Also in one of the photos youll see a blue wire from my computer and im guessing it goes in the blue slot that youll see in one of the pictures. Help, please!



pics of inside my computer:



http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture009kk9.jpg blue wire



http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture006mk4.jpg



http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture005ot2.jpg blue slot



http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture004vk7.jpg



http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture002ot3.jpg



http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture001zv0.jpg|||OK, I see the problem.. your photo shows the red,black and yellow power cable plugged into your graphics card going off outside the case, into deep space. That should be one of the cables running to your power supply- not a cable was empty at both ends. Look at your hard drive, CD drive etc- they each get a power cable from that main bundle plugged in with a 4-pin molex; your graphics card needs one too.



It's possible your power supply doesn't have another 4-pin power connector available, in which case your options would be either:



1) a new power supply with more connections



2) using a Y-shaped splitter



Option #2 is cheaper and worth a shot first. You might try using the Y-connector to run both the CD and hard drives off the same cable, freeing up one for your video card. Or just pull a power connector from something non-critical like a side-mounted case fan.



Here's what you're looking for- almost any small computer shop would have them.



Yeah, the blue cable probably goes to the blue slot. It looks like a connector for extra USB ports on the front or side of your computer case (the ports in the back are mounted directly on the motherboard, so no cable required) If you have some USB ports which currently don't work, that's the reason why :)|||The blue slot you showed was your USB expansion slot on your mobo. I have never seen a graphics card that uses USB expansions, but if the connector fits on the pins, by all means, try it. Your graphics card should work even without that connector plugged in.|||ok first of all zooming in is a bad idea when it comes to computers, its better to see the entire mother board and use circles (like from msPaint) to help indentify objects.



most newer cards need to plug into your power supply. The connector used is called a molex connector and it cannot be inserted wrong, they are shaped so they can only go in 1 way.



as for the "blue" wire that to my knowledge does not exist or is needed with any video card... if we cant help you take a bigger picture of your board and your card and ONLY the wires that were supplied with your card

No comments:

Post a Comment